CATHOLIC SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME-KENYA (Developing Catholic Leaders)
The Catholic Scholarship Programme was established to build the capacity of the Church by developing servant leaders who would contribute to developing leadership within the Religious Congregations and Communities and the apostolic works of the Catholic Church. The Programme seeks to achieve this goal by providing eligible religious sisters, religious brothers, priests and lay persons working with/for the Church (Catholic institutions) with access to higher education and leadership training.
The Programme announces its scholarship application process annually, in the month of February or March. Interested applicants are invited to request the application form(s) from the CSPK office at Tangaza University College or to download the forms from any of the following websites: http://tangaza.ac.ke/scholarship/ or www.rscke.org or www.aoskenya.org or www.imcafrica.net
- Catholic Religious sisters/brothers, and priests who demonstrate leadership traits and potential and are nominated by their congregational or diocesan superior.
- Lay persons to be nominated by a Catholic institution if they meet the following requirements: (1) evidence of full-time employment with the nominating institution for at least three consecutive years and (2) holds a leadership position in the nominated institution.
- Scholarships are given to scholars studying in their country of domicile. Qualifying institutions of higher education are included in this brochure.
- Only students who are starting a course of study are eligible; a student in an on-going course of study is not
- The total number of scholarships awarded annually depends on the availability of funds.
- There is no age restriction; however, the scholar should be able to provide service and leadership for a period of time in a manner comparable to the investment made.
- An applicant who is not successful on the first application can re-apply in two subsequent periods. However, if an applicant is not successful after three submissions, he/she will no longer be eligible.
- An applicant is not eligible to receive a tuition scholarship if he or she is a recipient of another tuition scholarship for the same course of study.
Specific Course of Study:
- Certificate: This course of study is limited to religious sisters and brothers only
Primary award / Selection Criteria:
- Academic achievement
- Experience and/or potential for leadership
- Participation in service-related activities in the community, Congregation, etc.
- Work history, achievements (academic, professional, Congregational)
- Diploma: This course of study is limited to religious sisters and brothers only
- Bachelor’s Degree: Open to Priests, Lay persons, religious sisters and brothers
- Master’s Degree and Post-Graduate Diploma: Open to Priests, Lay persons, religious sisters and brothers however the eligibility is considered following a minimum of two years of work /service.
Fields of study is limited to those that support:
Scholarships are available to applicants enrolling in the Faculty of Education of qualifying institutions. Courses may include Education, Education Management & Development, Education Management & Planning, Education Science, Science in Education, Psychology and Counselling, and related courses.
- Building just societies and Health
Scholarships are available to applicants enrolling in the Faculty of Law, Faculty of Philosophy, Religious Studies, Gender and Development, Community Development. Courses may include Law, Social Work, Philosophy, Peace Studies and International Relations, Nursing, Medical Lab Technician courses, Physiotherapy & Occupational therapy and related courses.
- Effective Congregational/Church management and leadership
Scholarships are available to applicants enrolling to study finance, administration, management and economics in the Faculty of Business of qualifying institutions. Available courses may include Business Management, Human Resources Management, Finance and Corporate Management, Business Administration, accountancy and related courses.
List of eligible learning Institutions
- Amani Counselling Centre
- Catholic University of Eastern Africa
- Chemchemi ya Uzima institute
- Egerton University
- Hekima University College
- Jomo Kenyatta University of Science/Technology
- Kenyatta University
- Marist International Centre
- Maseno University
- Masinde Muliro University
- Moi University
- Multi-media University
- Strathmore University
- Tangaza University College
- United States International University
- University of Nairobi
- KMTC across the country
Terms and Conditions:
- The scholarship award is partial: It includes full tuition fees and administrative costs as stated by the learning institution. A stipend for scholars’ stationery and other basic academic needs is given dependent on the level of study.
- All expenses related to boarding, medical, and other expenses should be covered by the scholar, who is expected to demonstrate the ability to pay the difference of their study costs without academic interruptions
- Participation in designated Leadership Courses is mandatory and is undertaken during long breaks, holidays or other designated times. The courses include Servant Leadership; Child Protection policy, Catholic Social Teaching and Professional Management Skills.
- Each applicant must be attested to by at least two persons in leadership positions, inclusive of his/her Superior. The scholar and nominating institution must also demonstrate a willingness for the scholar to engage in a leadership role following his or her studies.
- Successful candidates are notified by e-mail of their scholarship awards by the 15th Those who don’t receive any notification by this date, considers their application unsuccessful
CATHOLIC SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME FOR KENYA
P.O Box 15055-00509 Lang’ata, Nairobi, Kenya
Tel: +254 20 8067667 | +254 725 954774 | +254 790 503252 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out Tangaza University College Programmes?